Increase Social Capital with PEERS®
Improve communication utilizing evidence-based PEERS® – social skills coaching We can provide individual and/or small group skills training (based on availability).
Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills ( PEERS®) is an evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated adolescents (teens under 18) and motivated young adults (18-35 yrs.), who are interested in learning ways to help improve communication and friendships.
Instruction Topics: Communication, Friendships, Relationships. (US Culture)
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to appropriately use electronic forms of communication
- How to appropriately use humor and assess humor feedback
- How to start, enter and exit conversations between peers
- How to organize successful get-togethers with friends
- How to be a good sport when playing games/sports with friends
- How to handle arguments and disagreements with friends and in relationships
- How to handle rejection, teasing, bullying, rumors/gossip, and cyber bullying
- How to change a bad reputation
- and more…
READY TO GET STARTED? Follow these 3 simple steps!
Step One: Complete the 30 minute consultation to obtain basic information and to determine your feasibility for this service. If approved you will be given an enrollment packet to complete.
Step Two: Complete and return the enrollment packet then speak with consultant to determine if the program is appropriate for you and your teen/young adult.
Step Three: Schedule and attend a 1.5 hour intake to review your enrollment package, and review time commitments.
Each PEERS® session is 60-90 mins. in duration. Placement is based on age and other factors.
During each PEERS® session participants are taught important skills to make connections. They are given the opportunity to practice these skills in session and during take-home activities.
Improvement in communication increases social capital, which is needed to be successful in the labor market and can help elevate your career aspirations
Connect to activities that will improve your employment potential by improving home and social integration.
This service may be provided one-to-one or in a small group.
Contact us for your free 30 minute consultation.