This practice is dedicated to personal improvement through self-assessment, self-acceptance and self-love.
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.Psalm 34:17–18
“In 2018 after being diagnosed with cancer my life changed. My spirit was crushed but then I looked to my creator. I had a different perspective on time and how I want to live. I started a counseling practice and worked on my wellness journey. Yes, all in the same year. Along the way I met inspiring people who motivated me to practice self care (something that was foreign to me).”
“The past few years have been transformative and my personal mission is to use my God given talents, knowledge and skills to help people where they are – wherever that may be. The journey begins with taking one single step.”
Counselor and Personal Coach
I am dedicated to optimizing the human potential.
Sandra is a life-long learner and has worked with individuals with disabilities for her most of her professional career
Her experience includes:
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor – worked with HS programs that assisted high school seniors..
- Higher Education – Adjunct Professor/Counselor serving community college students with disabilities and first generation college students; assist with college application process for college
- Program Manager – Coordinated Religious Services and Rehabilitation Programs
- Mentor – volunteers at a cancer center assisting newly diagnosed patients
She assists individuals who need guidance and “coaching” to reach their potential! She has over twenty years experience in the counseling field.
Sandra has a Master’s of Science degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, and a certificate in Adult Learning Disabilities. She has continued her education at the UCLA MARC center for mindfulness and meditation. She incorporates mindfulness practice and breathing awareness into all services.
I am a lifelong learner. I encourage others to always be open to the process of learning!
- Vocational Rehabilitation Consultation
- Employee Wellness Practices that reduce workplace stress and anxiety to optimize productivity for organizations
- Team Building
- Retreat & Empowerment Weekends
Publication: Combat to College: Building Resilience A Workbook for Educators and Veterans (Copyright 2018)
Publication: Combat to College: Cognitive Fatigue as a Challenge in Iraq and Afghanistan War Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury: Pilot Study Survey Results in the Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling (Winter 2013).
Publication Pending: Circle City Coloring / Art Therapy Book (2023)
And endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us…Romans 5 : 4 – 5
Coming Soon: Health Coaching will be offered soon. Incorporating the four pillars of Lifestyle, Exercise, Attitude and Nutrition. This service will be a perfect fit to help individuals in their wellness journey.